Money advice - customer enquiries
We provide advice and support on multiple and complex debt matters including rent and mortgage arrears. It is all too easy to find yourself struggling with repayments of bills and credit arrangements, especially if you have had a recent change in circumstances. Losing your job, a decrease in your working hours or separating from a partner are just some of the situations where your level of income can fall dramatically, making a situation where you were previously in control now seem unmanageable. Our money debt and benefit advisers will look at your situation, advise you on possible ways to increase your income and discuss various strategies to deal with your bills and debts.
What we can do for you
Our trained advisers can help and assist with:
- Identifying priority and non priority debts
- Contacting and negotiating with your creditors
- Explaining your options for clearing your debts - including the Debt Arrangement Scheme (DAS), Trust Deeds, token payments and Bankruptcy
- Maximising your income by checking what benefits you are entitled to
- Applying for benefits or appeal against benefit decisions
- Applying for help from the Scottish Welfare Fund for a Crisis loan or grant
- Food Bank referrals
Need help dealing with rent, mortgage or council tax arrears?
Our trained advisers can help you:
- Maximise your income and negotiate with your housing officer or mortgage company
- Apply to the Mortgage to Rent scheme if you are facing repossession
- With a referral to a solicitor for court representation
Need help making the most of your money?
Our advisers can help you draw up a budget so you see where your money is going.
Need help to appeal a benefits decision from the DWP?
Our advisers can provide you with information, advice and support for all benefit enquiries and can assist with appeals against decisions refusing benefit, including preparation for and representation at tribunal hearings.
Please fill in the form below with your details and we will get back to you within 5 working days.Drop in to Customer First to make an appointment to speak with a Money Debt and Benefits Adviser: Customer First Stirling
1-5 Port Street
Open 9am - 5.00pm
Monday - Friday
01786 233528Email us