Dunmore Pinapple (Airth)
The Pineapple, or the Dunmore Pineapple, one of Scotland's most remarkable buildings.
Standing a mile north of the village of Airth, it was built by the 4th Earl of Dunmore, John Murray, in 1761 as a birthday present for his wife Charlotte, in the form of a pavilion from which to view the walled gardens of Dunmore Park, the family estate. Why did the Earl top off his pavilion with a pineapple? Presumably to show that he could.