Council key priorities
Following the local elections in May 2012, Stirling’s new political leadership set out its key priorities for the next three years – ‘Serving Stirling’.These priorities are listed below. Progress in these areas will be reported in the Council’s Quarterly and Annual Reports.
- Building a Community Planning partnership that is democratically led with an engaged community and works towards positive outcomes for Stirling.
- Increased focus on early intervention to help families in need.
- Regenerate our most in need communities to deliver a full range of positive social, environmental and economic outcomes.
- Improve the outcomes for the lowest performing 20 per cent of children in nurseries and schools.
- Provide additional nursery and out of school care places throughout the Stirling area to support working families.
- Being a good corporate parent.
- Improving care for our vulnerable people at home.
- Promote opportunities and support access to physical activity and sport for all.
- Ensure enforcement action is taken across all areas of Council activity and make full use of Council policy to combat anti-social behaviour.
- Develop advice services that are fit to support people through the current round of welfare changes by establishing an integrated service with voluntary sector leadership.
- Examining and delivering on more opportunities for improved models of service delivery.
- Adopt a pragmatic approach to sustainability that protects and enhances the local environment.
- Make resurfacing roads, paths and pavements the service priority across the whole Stirling area.
- Build more socially rented housing.
- Deliver and improve upon access to and speed of internet access across the Stirling area.
- Streamline business support under the leadership of the business community.
- Pursue a diverse high wage economy that delivers local jobs for people across Stirling and a procurement policy that supports this.
- Our financial strategy will reflect the current economic challenges by saving £24M whilst ensuring the delivery of quality services.