City centre collections
City Centre Waste Collection and Recycling Service
Properties who cannot accommodate the two bins and box system
See below for locations of these points and the materials they accept - glass, paper, cans, plastic bottles and drinks cartons (e.g. Tetra Pak milk and fruit juice cartons). These points are located at:
- Wellgreen (at NCP Car Park)
- Corner of Upper Craigs and Cameronian Street
- Murray Place (outside Thistles Centre)
- Corn Exchange Road (Behind Central Library)
- Spittal Street (under Municipal Buildings)
- Spittal Street (at Baker Street Gardens)
- Baker Street (at the Gardens)
- Dalgleish Court Car Park (off Baker Street)
- Corner of Queen Street and Upper Bridge Street
- Barnton Street (outside Court)
- Cowane Street (near junction with Wallace Street)
- Port Street (at junction with Upper Craigs and Dumbarton Road)
- King Street (opposite Customer First office)
|Waste Receptacle||Collection Frequency||Collection Day||Collection Times|
|PURPLE BAGS||Twice Weekly||Monday & Wednesday||Bags to be presented Monday and Wednesday evenings between 4:30pm and 6pm|
|GREY 120litre BINS||Weekly||Wednesday||Bins to be presented before 7am on a Wednesday morning|
|GREY & BROWN 240litre BINS||Alternate Weekly||Wednesday||Bins to be presented before 7am on a Wednesday morning|
|BLUE RECYCLING BOX||Weekly||Wednesday||Boxes to be presented before 7am on a Wednesday morning|
Mixed (non-recyclable) waste collection arrangements for the City Centre are as follows.
Properties receiving a bagged Collection of Mixed (Non-Recyclable) Waste
Properties that do not have adequate off-street storage for bins receive a twice weekly bagged collection for mixed (non-recyclable) household waste. Collections are on a Monday and Wednesday evening and arrangements are as follows:
- Bags should be presented on the kerbside between 4:30pm and 6pm
- Residents must present waste for collection in Stirling Council branded purple bags only. (Residents receive 6 monthly allocations of these bags free of charge).
- Residents should call Stirling Council on 01786 404040 to arrange their 6 month allocation of purple bags - allocated on a basis of 2 bags per week. If you need to purchase additional bags there is a cost of £2.30 per bag. This cost includes waste uplift and disposal and landfill tax, which covers the cost of the excess waste being produced.
- Purple bags should be used for non-recyclable materials only.
Please note: Bags presented outwith these times or in bags other than Stirling Council purple bags will be treated as fly tipping, bagged as illegally dumped waste and investigated by Enforcement Officers. Fly tipping contravenes the Environmental Protection Act (1990) and can result in the issuing of a Fixed Penalty Notice and/or prosecution.
Properties receiving a weekly Wheeled Bin Collection of Mixed (Non-Recyclable) Waste
Properties that have safe off-street storage for wheeled bins but cannot support the standard two bins and box system receive a weekly grey bin collection of mixed (non-recyclable) waste.
Presentation times and arrangements for collection are as follows:
- Wednesday Morning: All bins should be presented on the kerbside before 7am on a Wednesday morning and should be brought back in as soon as possible after collection
- Collection crews will not come into your bin store area to empty your bins. They must be put out for collection every week.
- All excess bags of waste, both on collection day and on days other than collection day, will be treated as fly tipping, bagged as illegally dumped waste and investigated by Enforcement Officers.
- All mixed waste must be contained within the grey bin which has been allocated to your property. All bins are clearly labelled with the property it is allocated to.
- Grey bins should be used for non-recyclable materials only.
Streets affected by these arrangements are:
- Stirling Arcade
- Back Walk High
- Baker Street (Lower Half only - from Morris Terrace down)
- Bank Street
- Barnton Street
- Cameronian Street (Bagged Properties only)
- Cowane Street (Bagged Properties only)
- Dumbarton Road (Bagged Properties only)
- Friars Street
- King Street
- Murray Place
- Port Street
- Princes Street (Bagged Properties only)
- Spittal Street
- Tannery Lane
- Upper Craigs (Bagged Properties only)
- Viewfield Place
- Viewfield Street
- Wellgreen Place (Bagged Properties only)