CostThere are no charges for this service as these are a public health issue
Certain concessions for payment apply e.g. OAP/UB40. If you wish to request a concession, please phone 0845 277 7000. We regret that concessions can not be processed on-line.
- 5 days
(possible nest sites)
|n/a||no realistic preventative measures||you will need professional help dealing with an infestation of bed bugs|
- There is no charge for this service as this is a public health issue
- Includes repeat visits where necessary
- The adult bed bug is an oval insect, 5mm long by about 3mm broad.
- If the bed bug has not recently fed it is very flattened and red-brown in colour. Once it has fed it changes to a dark mahogany colour and becomes more rounded.
- If the citizen is only receiving bites from the knee to his foot, then it is more likely to be fleas.
- Bed bugs can be found in gaps in furniture especially beds where the legs meet the headboard.
- Bed bugs are not known to be frequent carriers of disease and their importance is most related to the unpleasant irritation following their bites.
You can request and track services online using the online forms, you will need to sigh-up for a myStiring Account to do this, this is a free service to help you use and find information via the web.