Cost of Treatment
|n/a||Medicated lice treatments can usually kill the lice and nits, but it may take a few days for the itching to stop.|
- we do not treat head lice
- the head louse is a tiny, wingless parasitic insect that lives among human hairs and feeds on extremely small amounts of blood drawn from the scalp
- they have adapted to cling to hair and eyebrows
- they cannot survive away from the host and are transferred by direct head contact
- there are 4 females to each male
- for single cases/schools - refer to Forth Valley Health Board Primary Care for advice (01324 405530)
- lice bites cause itching and scratching.
- the itching may not always start right away - that depends on how sensitive the skin is to the lice.
- it is important to treat all people who come within direct contact with the host for effective treatment