Learn more about Dementia
- Alzheimer Scotland provide specialist information, support and advice for people with dementia and their carers, both pre and post diagnosis. Find out more about Dementia friends awareness raising and information sessions.
- Dementia Services Development Centre provide information and Dementia Training for carers.
- Stirling Carers Centre provide support and advice for carers.
- Town Break support people with dementia, their carers and families within their local community through day clubs, befriending services and friendship groups. Town Break also provide Cognitive Stimulation Therapy groups.
- Alzheimer Scotland offer "Dementia friends" awareness raising and have already provided sessions for several local organisations including Waitrose Stirling, Scion House employees, Office of the Public Guardian, Stirling Arthritis Group and the Stirling Women's Guild.
- Dementia Services Development Centre (DSDC) provide courses, events and programmes for dementia-specific education. Over the last three years they have provided internationally renowned multi-day training courses for 385 local individuals, including 35 Stirling Council employees. As a result, staff have a greater awareness of the support required by people with dementia in their local community. DSDC have also provided dementia training for local businesses such as Sainsbury's Stirling.
- The University of Stirling have recently become involved in a five year international research programme exploring what it is like for people living with dementia in their local neighbourhoods. If you would like to be involved, contact Barbara Graham.