Criminal justice social work
Stirling Community Justice Outcome Improvement Plan 2017-2018
This Plan, which has been written in consultation with statutory partners, third sector organisations as well as members of the Stirling community, and sets out how we will undertake to reduce the prevalence and impact of offending behaviour across the Stirling area.
This is the first plan that has been put in place following the setting up of Community Justice Scotland, which comes into effect from the 1st April 2017.
Download or view the Stirling Community Justice Outcome Improvement Plan 2017-18
If someone is charged with an offence, they may be expected to appear at Court. Find out more about what disposals may be sentenced at a Court appearance.
If someone has been convicted of an offence, there are various disposals which the Judge, Sheriff or Justice of the Peace will impose.
Cornton Vale Prison
We work in partnership with the Scottish Prison Services to provide Social Work support for offenders at Cornton Vale prison. We aim to reduce re-offending by addressing the needs and risk of women at Cornton Vale.
We are an integral part of the Criminal Justice System and work closely with other key agencies including Police Scotland, Scottish Court Services, Scottish Prison Services and the Procurator Fiscal Office. We also work in partnership with: Fife and Forth Valley Criminal Justice Authority
What we do:
The Social Work Criminal Justice Service have responsibilities which include:
- Provide courts with a range of alternatives to prison in appropriate circumstances
- Provide effective supervision of offenders in the community
- Challenge offending behaviour
- Help offenders realise the impact of their behaviour on themselves, their families, the community and their victims
- Promote community safety and public protection
- Promote rehabilitation by assisting with factors, which may contribute to offending, for example, drug or alcohol misuse, relationship difficulties, mental health, issues with gambling, anger management issues and problem solving difficulties.
Telephone: 01786 471177