Churches and cathedrals

Allan Park South Church

Designed by Peddie & Kinnear, 1886. Interior modernised for the centenary in 1986 by Esme Gordon. Stained glass commemorating the fallen in the two World Wars.

Dumbarton Road
Stirling FK8 2LQ
Tel: +44(0)1786 471998
Church of Scotland
Sun service: 10.00 Jan-June: 11.30 July-December

Website

Directions

Church of the Holy Rude

One of Scotland’s most important medieval churches, dating from 1456. The church is cruciform in plan and has a dominating tower at its western end. Impressive interior with stained glass windows of particular note. There is an inscription on the floor in the apse, which marks the place where King James VI King of Scots was crowned in 1567.

St John Street
Stirling FK8 1ED

Tel: +44(0)1786 475275Church of Scotland
Sun service: Jan-June 11.30 July-Dec 10.00

Website

Directions

Cornerstone Community Church

Cornerstone Community Church is a new church meeting in Wallace High School

By God's grace we are a growing gathering of currently around 130 adults, children and students who come from all walks of life and areas of Stirling. It's been such a delight to see the goodness and faithfulness of God and his fatherly care from the very beginning of Cornerstone Community Church.

We're really thankful for the Wallace High School venue - it's easy to find and has plenty of free parking. The bright, modern environment is such a great space in which to gather, and there are plenty of classrooms for the large number of children in the church family.

You are warmly invited to join us.

We gather every Sunday in the assembly hall of Wallace High School in Stirling

Church service starts at 10:30am

Groups for children of all ages

Plenty of free parking

When you arrive at the school doors just head straight in - there will be someone there to welcome you and show you where to go.

Website

Directions

Holy Trinity Episcopal Church

This category A listed church dates from 1875/6, it was designed by one of Scotlands most prolific architects of the time, Sir Robert Rowan Anderson.

In 1920 Sir Robert Lorimer was commissioned to convert the east end of the north chapel. This chapel has many interiors of note, in particular fine examples of stained glass windows mostly from the twentieth century, but some that were transferred from the church's original building in Barnton Street Stirling.

Albert Place
Stirling FK8 2QL (adjacent to the Albert Halls)
Tel: +44(0)1877 330488

Disabled access with ramp

Website

Directions

 

St Columba’s Church

Designed by J.J. Stevenson and built in 1901 this is a fine gothic stone church the tower of which lacks the spire originally designed for it. The interior has an impressive timber beam roof.

Park Terrace
Stirling FK8 2NA
Tel: +44(0)1786 449516
Church of Scotland
Sunday service: 11.00

Website

Directions

Viewfield Church

Built in 1860 to seat 600 and designed by Francis Mackison. The interior is largely as original except for the modern stained glass window by Christian Shaw.

Barnton Street
Stirling FK8 1HF
Tel: +44(0)1786 471400
Sunday service: 11.00

Website

Directions

Stirling Baptist Church

Designed by J.,W.H. & J.M. Hay of Liverpool and built 1851-53 as the South Free Church. The building closed in 1971 only to be converted and reopened as the Stirling Baptist Church in 1989. The building now successfully accommodates lounge, classrooms, lecture theatre, creche, kitchen, and multi-purpose hall.

Stirling Baptist Church
67 Murray Place
Stirling FK8 1AU
Tel: +44(0)1786 450581

Sun services at 09.45, 11.30 and 18.30

 

Opened in 1844, by the Wesleyan Methodist Society. Located within a fine classical streetscape in the centre of Stirling.

Website

Directions

Salvation Army Halls, Drip Road

Previously located in halls in Irvine Place, the Salvation Army moved to new, modern, purpose built halls in Raploch in 1994. Here they work in partnership with other agencies to help care for the homeless and people with addictions. They have a shop, a doctors surgery, and a dental van, as well as holding normal Sunday services.

19, Drip Rd,
Stirling,
Stirlingshire
FK8 1RA
Tel: 01786 448923

Open Saturday 10am-4pm and Sunday 1pm-4pm

Website

Directions

St Ninians Old Parish Church

(Kirk Wynd, St Ninians)
Dating from 1751 the church sits a little north of the original Parish Church of which the steeple (1734) and surrounding graveyard remain. Extended/altered 1886, and 1937.

This is probably the earliest place of burial in the parish, containing over 400 visible headstones. The old kirk was dedicated to St. Ninian in the 9th century, though earlier timber built churches may have been present on this site. All that remains toady is the gable end of a pre-reformation church and it's bell tower . When restoration work took place in 1734 to replace the foundation stone, it was found to be prior to 1560.

Website

Directions

Central Scotland Islamic Centre

The Stirling Islamic Centre was established in this former DSS building in 1992. The building was completely altered 1993/94 to provide a main prayer hall, wudhu area (washing), kitchen, library and community hall, all funded by donations from local Muslims. The centre is a multi-faceted education and cultural centre, serving the spiritual needs of the Muslim community in central Scotland.

(Shoes require to be removed before entering the main hall. Ladies visiting the centre should wear trousers and a head scarf.)

Burghmuir
Stirling FK7 7NZ
Tel: +44(0)1786 474324

Cultural centre - visitors welcomed

Website

Directions

Bruce Memorial Church, Cambusbarron

Supposedly on the site of an earlier chapel, the church was erected in 1909-1910 to a design by McLuckie & Walker. Art nouveau Gothic in style and constructed in local Polmaise stone.

 

14 Woodside Ct
Cambusbarron,
Stirling,
FK7 9PH
01786 450579

Website

Directions

St Mary’s Church

Designed by Peter Paul Pugin and opened in 1905. A late Gothic red sandstone church with a lofty vaulted interior, stone arches and angel corbels. Stained glass windows of note.

15 Upper Bridge St
Stirling FK8 1ES
Tel: +44(0)1786 473749
Roman Catholic - check

Sunday mass: 11.30

Website

Directions

Stirling Methodist Church

A lively little congregation in Central Scotland

 

Queen St
Stirling
FK8 1HL
Tel: +44(0)1786 474601

Directions

Our Lady of St Ninians

Catholic Church Of Bannockburn

52 Quakerfield,
Bannockburn
Stirling
FK7 8HZ
Tel. 01786 812249

Website

Directions

Murrayfield United Free Church Of Scotland

69 Station Road,
Bannockburn
Stirling, FK7 8JP
Tel: 01786 813033

Web: www.murrayfieldufchurch.org

Directions

St Margaret of Scotland RC Church

Drip Road
Stirling FK9 4UA
Tel: +44(0)1786 474883

Sunday mass: 11.00 18.30

Website

Directions

St. Mark's Parish Church of Scotland

Website

Drip Road,
Raploch,
STIRLING

FK 8 1RR
Tel 01786 473716

Service times 10.50 a.m. every Sunday

Minister
Stuart Davidson

Directions

North Parish Church

Springfield Rd
Stirling FK7 7QW
Tel: +44(0)1786 463376

Church of Scotland

Sunday service: 10.30

Website

Directions

Bridge of Allan Parish Church

This is a must for architectural enthusiasts. Revolutionary Glasgow architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh designed the chancel furnishings including the communion table, pulpit and organ screen in 1904. John Honeyman, a partner in the same practice designed the church halls and house for the caretaker in 1895.

Keir Street,
Bridge of Allan
Stirling

Visit this attractive building which is open on Saturdays from the beginning of June to the end of September

Website

Directions

Dunblane Cathedral

This largely intact early Gothic Cathedral is a Category A Listed building and a Scheduled Ancient Monument. One of Scotlands most noble medieval churches, Dunblane Cathedral dates mainly from the mid-late thirteenth century and incorporates the tower of an earlier building. Some early interior fixtures have been retained and there are fine examples of late nineteenth/early twentieth century stained glass woodwork.

Sunday morning service 10.30

The Cross,
Dunblane
FK15 0AQ

Disabled access

Website

Directions

Lecropt Kirk

This Category A Listed, large, Gothic revival style church dates from 1827. It is easily recognised with its four pinnacles rising from its tower and sits picturesquely overlooking the Carse. The kirk's interior is of great interest, particularly it arched and ribbed ceiling and at one end its plaster value Keir loft from Keir estate.

(off A9 North out of Bridge of Allan)
Bridge of Allan
FK9 4NB

Limited disabled access

Website

Directions

Rate this page