Stirling Council’s road network provides our communities with their principal means of transport and one of our main priorities is the ensuring that this network is safe for all users.
Each year around 70 people are killed or seriously injured in road accidents in the Stirling Council area and a further 275 are slightly injured. To reduce the number and severity of accidents on our roads, we published our Road Safety Plan which sets out how we aim to improve road safety for all across Stirling.
The Council’s road safety work is carried out by the Road Safety team, based within Housing and Environment Services at Endrick House. The main road safety duties performed include;
- Undertaking accident investigation & prevention studies
- Developing and reviewing the Road Safety Plan
- Providing road safety advice
- Analysing accident data and statistics
- Carrying out road safety audits
- Working with road safety partners to reduce accidents