Stirling Council continues to follow advice from the Government regarding the impact Brexit may have on citizens, communities and families. We will keep you updated here.
Scotland’s enterprise and skills agencies are urging all businesses in Scotland to continue to actively prepare for changes taking place following the EU transition (Brexit) period. The trading relationship between the United Kingdom and the rest of the EU changed when the UK voted to end its participation in the EU’s Single Market and Customs Union.
Businesses should act now to identify what the shifts mean for their operations before making the changes to systems, processes, staffing and potentially business models.
Up-to-date advice and guidance and support on these changes and how to prepare can be accessed via Prepare your business for Brexit - advice for businesses in Scotland.
EU citizens living in Scotland will need to apply to the UK Government’s EU Settlement Scheme in order to continue living, working and studying in the UK. To help guide you through the steps you need to take to stay, the Scottish Government has produced a package of support at www.mygov.scot/stayinscotland.
An advice service is available for all citizens living in Scotland affected by the UK Government’s EU Settlement Scheme who may need additional information and support. For more information please call the Citizens Advice Scotland freephone national helpline on 0800 916 9847 or visit cas.org.uk/Brexit.
The UK and Scottish Governments have published advice and guidance to help individual citizens and businesses prepare for leaving the European Union (EU).
Please follow the links to the external websites below.
- Brexit information - Scottish Government
- EU exit (Brexit) mygov.scot
- UK Government information about exiting the EU
- Information and advice for EU citizens
- EU citizens living in the UK - sign up for email alerts
- JustCitizens.scot - guidance explaining the rights of EU citizens in Scotland; available in English, Polish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Spanish and Italian
- EU Exit food and drink sector update
- EU Settlement Scheme Community Leader Toolkit
- Ask a question about applying for settled status
- Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status)
- Brexit A-Z: Quickly locate the information you need to equip your business for changes which came into force on 1 January 2021.
Last updated: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 2:46 PM