See Official Website
Scotland’s International Crime Writing Festival
Bloody Scotland returns to Stirling for the 8th consecutive year to celebrate crime writing with esteemed authors from around the world. The programme is packed with literacy favourites from the crime writing world as well as non-fiction appearances from prison workers, police constables to forensic scientists. This year's panels are likely to spark debate with contemporary and topical issues being discussed such as knife crime, online stalking and dysfunctional marriage.
Bloody Scotland line-up
The festival is jam-packed Highlights include:
- David Baldacci
- Two Crime Writers and a Microphone
- My Life with Murderers: Dr David Wilson with Lin Anderson
- Chris Brookmyre and Michael Robotham
- Alexander McCall Smith interviewed by Alex Gray
- Denise Mina and Louise Welsh
- Richard Osman with Mark Billingham
- Ian Rankin interviewed by a special guest
- Crime at the Coo
- When the Dogs Don’t Bark: Professor Angela Gallop
- Lin Anderson and Alex Gray
- Partners in Crime: Nicci French and Ambrose Parry
- Yrsa Sigurdardottir interviewed by a special guest
- Stuart MacBride and Mark Billingham
The event will continue to go beyond the usual remit of a literary festival and offer a fringe event featuring a torchlit procession, football, a cabaret, a podcast, a quiz and this year will also include a ‘Killer Ceilidh’; a procession of Harley Davidson riders; a play at the Sheriff Court and a screening of classic crime films at the Tolbooth!
Find out more information or to book tickets to all Bloody Scotland 2019 events.
|Friday 20 September 2019 a 12:00 pm||see official website for times and venues||Stirling|
|Saturday 21 September 2019 a 12:00 pm||see official website for times and venues||Stirling|
|Sunday 22 September 2019 a 12:00 pm||see official website for times and venues||Stirling|