Registration has a number of aims. The scheme is designed to enforce minimum standards in Private Renting and remove the worst landlords from the sector, it also enables tenants and neighbours to identify and contact landlords. The register provides information on the scale and distribution of the sector in Scotland, allowing local authorities to engage more effectively with landlords and tenants.
Download our Landlord Information Booklet for more information
- Register and Renew online at the Scottish Government's Scottish Landlord Register,
- Download an application form - complete and return with payment to - Private Rented Team, Room 10, Allan Water House, Kerse Road, Stirling, FK7 7SG
- Phone 01786 237678 or email email@example.com to request an application form to be posted out to you
Landlord Registration fees are changing on 11 June 2019. The new fees will be:
- Principal Fee: £65
- Property Fee: £15 (per rental property)
- Late Application Fee: £130
Discounts are available for:
- landlords who own properties in more than one local authority area (applies to online applicants only)
- joint owners
- landlords who have a House of Multiple Occupancy (HMO) licence
- Scottish charities
If you apply or renew your Landlord Registration online before 11 June 2019, you will not have to pay the new fee rate.
(Please note: Paper applications - We must be in receipt of your application before this date if you wish to pay the current fees)