Free childcare places for 2-year-olds
If you are you the parent/carer.
Did you know the Scottish Government is funding free childcare places for eligible 2-year-olds? Do any of the following apply?
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income-based)
- Income Support (IS)
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Incapacity or Severe Disablement Allowance
- State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) but not Working Tax Credit (WTC) and your income is less than £16,105
- Both maximum CTC and maximum WTC income is under £7320
- Universal Credit and your household take-home pay is £610 a month or less
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Looked after by the local council, subject of a Kinship or Guardianship Order
For further information contact the participating nurseries or Lisa Mackay for childminding enquiries:
- Arnprior Nursery 01786 870729
- Allan's Nursery 01786 473453
- Callander Primary School Nursery Class 01786 237973
- Cornton Nursery 01786 237910
- Cowie Nursery 01786 237954
- Crianlarich Nursery 01838 300396
- Croftamie Nursery 01360 660147
- Doune Nursery 01786 842734
- Dunblane Primary School Nursery Class 01786 822351
- Fallin Nursery 01786 237915
- Hillview Nursery 01786 446283
- Killin Nursery 01567 820889
- Park Drive Nursery 01786 816766
- Raploch Nursery 01786 272337
- Wellgreen Nursery 01786 447217
For details of childminders offering this provision, email Lisa Mackay or call on 01786 445377.
What am I entitled to?
In Scotland, all children aged 3 or 4 years old and some 2 year-olds are eligible to receive a funded nursery place in either a Council nursery, a private, voluntary or independent (PVI) nursery or a childminder who has a partnership contract with us. Currently funded places are for 600 hours per year, which is equal to just under 16 hours per week over a 38 week school year. By August 2020 funded hours, for all children aged 3 or 4 years old and some 2-year-olds, will increase to 1140 hours per year.
Please note, it is not always possible to guarantee that this provision will be in your first choice of setting.
Can I get help with the cost of childcare?
Your employer may be able to help you with approved childcare costs using childcare vouchers or schemes. Further information is available on Gov.uk's childcare page.
Childminders in Stirling are able to offer free childcare places to 3 and 4-year-olds, as well as eligible 2-year-olds as part of a new partnership.
We work in partnership with the Scottish Childminding Association (SCMA) team to deliver flexible options for free childcare.
When does my child become entitled?
Children become eligible for places in the term after their third birthday.
Places for children under 3
There is no entitlement to nursery places for children under 3, other than for those 2-year-olds who meet the criteria set out in the Children and Young People Scotland Act.
We provide a number of nursery places for children under 3 but these are popular therefore an Admissions Policy is applied to ensure fairness.
Most private nurseries and some voluntary sector groups also provide places for children under 3. There are currently no funded places available for children under 3 years old in partner nurseries or playgroups.
Last updated: Friday, July 2, 2021 3:57 PM