What type of music tuition is available?
Tuition is currently available for the following instruments:
|Brass||Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba, Tenor Horn, Cornet, Baritone|
|Woodwind||Oboe, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Bassoon|
|Strings||Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass (from S1)|
|Other||Bagpipes, Pipe Band Drumming, Voice, Timpani and Percussion, Guitar, Piano, Keyboard|
When can my child begin specialist music tuition?
Tuition is normally available from the year groups set out below:
|Strings||from P4||Piano and keyboard||from P6|
|Piping||from P4||Guitar||from P6|
|Pipe Band Drumming*||from P4||Timpani and percussion||from S1|
|Brass||from P4||Voice||from S1|
*Note: Pipe Band Drumming is only available for pupils at Stirling High School, Bannockburn High School, Bannockburn Primary School, Balfron High School, McLaren High school and primaries in the McLaren Learning Community.
How do I access the music tuition scheme for my child?
- Complete the online application form by Friday 9 August 2019.
- At the start of the new session all new applicants are interviewed. Existing pupils, available spaces and timetables are reviewed and tutors allocate spaces.
- Unsuccessful applicants will remain on the reserve list for the remainder of the academic year as spaces can become available at any time during the year.
- There are other Council music schemes outwith school and this information is given to unsuccessful applicants at the appropriate stage.
- Continuing pupils complete an annual update form to assist with correct fee charges.
If you require any further information please contact us.