What type of music tuition is available?

Tuition is currently available for the following instruments. Please see list of instruments which are available in each primary school.

Brass Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba, Tenor Horn, Cornet, Baritone 
Woodwind Oboe, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Bassoon 
Strings Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass (from S1)
Other Bagpipes, Pipe Band Drumming, Voice (from S1), Timpani and Percussion (from S1), Guitar, Piano, Keyboard 

When can my child begin specialist music tuition?

Tuition is normally available from the year groups set out below.

Strings from P4 Piano and keyboard from P4
Piping from P4 Guitar from P6
Pipe Band Drumming* from P4 Timpani and percussion from S1
Brass from P4 Voice from S1
Woodwind from P5    

*Note: Pipe Band Drumming is available for pupils at Stirling High School, Bannockburn High School, Balfron High School and McLaren High School.

How do I access the music tuition scheme for my child?

  1. Complete the online application form.
  2. All new applicants are interviewed. Existing pupils, available spaces and timetables are reviewed and tutors allocate spaces.
  3. Unsuccessful applicants will remain on the reserve list for the remainder of the academic year as spaces can become available at any time during the year.
  4. There are other Council music schemes outwith school and this information is given to unsuccessful applicants at the appropriate stage.
  5. Continuing pupils complete an annual update form.

If you require any further information please contact us

Last updated: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 11:03 AM