- Stirling Libraries is working with lots of suppliers to bring you hundreds of resources absolutely free!
- Our Symphony website allows you to renew books online (requires library card number and pin).
- If you already have an RB Digital account for eAudiobooks and eMagazines, this will allow you to borrow eBooks too. If you don't have an account, it's easy to register as in our RBDigital guide.
RBdigital - eBooks
RBdigital has a catalogue of hundreds of titles for your device.
You can download six at a time to a home PC or mobile device. The maximum loan period is 21 days. Titles are automatically returned at end of the loan period, meaning no overdue fees or fines. You can download the RB Digital app from your app store and the system is also compatible with a wide range of eBook Readers. Check your device's compatibility.
More information on the Library eBooks help page
Sign in to eBooks (requires username/barcode and password)
RBdigital - Audiobooks
We also subscribe to RBdigital with fiction and non-fiction audio-book titles for adults, teenagers, and children. A library card number is required for online registration. The video shows some of the popular magazines).
RBdigital - Magazines
RBdigital also allows you to download and read digital copies of popular magazines to your computer, tablet or mobile device. There are over 100 magazines to choose from and it's completely free! (sign in requires barcode and password/pin)
Download our RBdigital Guide and get started!
Press Reader gives you instant Access to over 4000 newspapers from 100 countries in 60 languages. When you log into Press Reader with your library card, you are presented with the world in pictures. These are pictures drawn from all of our newspapers and magazines that readers have discovered and are actively viewing.
Download our Press reader guide and get started!
There are lots of websites which offer free eBooks for download. Due to copyright restrictions most of the material freely available online dates from before 1920.
With 3.5 million items, the Internet Archive Text Archive contains a wide range of fiction, popular books, children's books, historical texts and academic books that are out of copyright or have a Creative Commons license. Read online or download free.
Project Gutenberg is the oldest provider of free books online, Project Gutenberg offers over 38,000 free eBooks: choose among free epub books, free kindle books, download them or read them online.
Ancestry is a research tool offering the most comprehensive genealogical information available online. With more than 13 billion records including census data, vital immigration information, photos, maps and much more in 8,000 unique databases. Available FREE in Stirling Council Libraries. (Please note you will not be able to access this from home.)
Go Citizen is for people preparing for the Life UK Test or British Citizenship Test.
Theory Test Pro
Theory Test Pro is a highly realistic online simulation of the UK’s driving theory test.
Scran – There are one million heritage records from museums, galleries, archives and media.
With Transparent Language Online, your staff and learners will get the most complete language-learning solution available, featuring:
- 100+ languages (and growing!): From Afrikaans to Zulu, the number of languages available to learners is constantly growing.
- Tablet compatibility: Optimized for touchscreen use on Android™ tablets and iPads, Transparent Language Online works on virtually any Internet-connected device or computer.
- Extensive English collection: With paired English materials for speakers of 25+ languages, intermediate- and advanced-level courses, an American Citizenship Test Prep course, and more, we have the tools for every English learner.
- Core skill-building activities: Listening, speaking, reading, and writing is the four pieces of the language puzzle. Put them all together through dozens of learning activities, including pronunciation practice and typing tasks.
- Alphabet lessons: You can't learn to read or write if you don't know the alphabet. Get learners started on the right foot with full-length alphabet courses.
Access to Research
Access to Research gives free, walk-in access to over 15 million academic articles in participating public libraries across the UK. Students and independent researchers can now access many of the world’s best academic papers from leading publishers who have made their journal content available for free. Start now by viewing which articles and journals are available from home, then find a participating library where you can view the full text.