We can provide applications and advice for a variety of services including taxi drivers, private hire drivers, street traders, alcohol licensing, gambling.

See also:

Search for public licences

We have a register of all applications made and licences issued under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 within the Stirling Council area.  Please view our public licensing register for further information.

Market licences

Market Operator’s Licence is required for carrying on a private market including car boot sales) by any person other than a local or public authority at which goods are offered by more than one seller for sale to the public. You may not need a licence if the proceeds are used for charitable purposes or not for private gain, or the market is only for the sale of livestock, fodder or grain.

Window Cleaning Licences

Anyone who operates a window cleaning business or is employed as, a window cleaner must have a window cleaners licence.

Boarding Animals Licence 

If you operate a boarding establishment for animals in our area, such as kennels or a cattery, you will require to apply for a licence.

Riding Establishment Licences

If you operate a riding establishment within our area, you will require to apply for a licence.

National Fraud Initiative

 This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end will use the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.

See here , for further information.