Community Council Elections
Every four years people who are interested in improving their communities are asked to come forward as Community Councillors to represent that community's views and work with others to improve their area.
Anyone over 16 can take part.
Community Council elections are taking place now.
Nomination forms are also available from the Council office at Old Viewforth, St Ninians Road, Stirling and are accessible from Council libraries. Please note that some Community Council Boundaries have changed following the Review of Community Councils, please check your area.
- Nomination Forms to be submitted by - Friday 19 October (4pm) 2018
- Nomination Forms to be withdrawn by - Friday 19 October (5pm) 2018
- Publication of Notice of Poll - Monday 29 October 2018
If there are more nominations than places on any Community Council, a ballot will take place.
- Issue of Ballot Papers - week commencing Monday 5 November
- Ballot papers to be returned by - Tuesday 27 November (5pm) 2018
Following this process each Community Council will be inaugurated at an initial meeting before business can commence.
Joining your Community Council
To be a Community Councillor you need to be:
- over 16 years of age; and
- on the electoral register for the area you wish to represent; and
- living in the Community Council area you wish to represent.
For more information on any aspect of the elections or to chat through what being a Community Council involves contact us by emailing or calling 01786 233076.