What is dyslexia?
Dyslexia is different for everyone. It is not just about difficulties with reading and writing. Many people with dyslexia have lots of other strengths.
If you are concerned your child may have dyslexia, talk to your school.
What are the signs of dyslexia?
- being able to talk about what what is being learnt more easily than reading or writing about it
- persistent spelling difficulties despite appropriate efforts
- appearing to have a poor concentration span, or being forgetful and/or disorganised
- difficulty with telling the time, and learning multiplication tables
- having short-term memory problems, and difficulties with sequencing e.g. following/giving instructions, directions, etc.