While headteachers will normally be willing to co-operate in any matter, which will support a child’s health and welfare, it is necessary to ensure that where such requests are received appropriate arrangements are made to safeguard the interest of both staff and pupils.
- A decision on the administration of medicine will be taken by the headteacher based on what is manageable in the school.
- It should be noted that school staff are under no duty to administer medication to pupils in school. If it is agreed that a nominated person takes on the responsibility it is purely on a voluntary basis.
- Accessibility strategy
- Additional support needs
- Additional support needs tribunals
- Assessment process
- Co-ordinated support plan
- Education in hospital
- Educational Psychology Service
- Getting it right for every child (GIRFEC)
- Home education
- Placement in mainstream schools
- Pre-school children with additional support needs
- Transport for children and young people with additional support needs
- Travelling people (support for children)
- Additional Support Needs Outreach Service
- Social, Emotional and Behavioural Needs Support Service