What type of music tuition is available?
Tuition is currently available for the following instruments
|Brass||Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba, Tenor Horn, Cornet, Baritone |
|Woodwind||Oboe, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Bassoon |
|Strings||Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass (from S1)|
|Other||Bagpipes, Pipe Band Drumming, Voice, Timpani and Percussion, Guitar, Piano, Keyboard |
When can my child begin specialist music tuition?
Tuition is normally available from the year groups set out below
|Strings||from P4||Piano and keyboard||from P6|
|Piping||from P4||Guitar||from P6|
|Pipe Band Drumming*||from P4||Timpani and percussion||from S1|
|Brass||from P5||Voice||from S1|
|Woodwind||from P6|| || |
*Note: Pipe Band Drumming is only available for pupils at Stirling High School, Bannockburn High School and Bannockburn Primary School.
How do I access the music tuition scheme for my child?
- Complete the online application form by Friday 10 August 2018.
- At the start of the new session all new applicants are interviewed. Existing pupils, available spaces and timetables are reviewed and tutors allocated spaces.
- Unsuccessful applicants will remain on the reserve list for the remainder of the academic year as spaces can become available at any time during the year.
- There are other Council music schemes outwith school and this information is given to unsuccessful applicants at the appropriate stage.
- Continuing pupils complete an annual update form to assist with correct fee charges.
If you require any further information please contact us.