Play Parks - Kings Park
The Kings Park is one of Stirling's best used recreation areas. Historically the park was used as the hunting ground for the Royal Court at Stirling.
- Floodlit skate park and BMX track - includes a variety of ramps and grind rails
- Play area suitable for all ages - please note the water play only operates during summer months
- Outdoor gym equipment - 12 pieces of equipment are located in the park, this is the only park in Stirling to have such a facility. The facility is free and is suitable for users 14 years or over, offering the opportunity to exercise in the outdoors
- Tennis courts
- Sports fields
- Peace of mind garden
- Coffee/ice cream kiosk (please not this facility is only open during summer months)
- Picnic tables and seating
- Drinking fountain - located near the main entrance to the park, the fountain dates from early to mid 20th century. The fountain is the only known example of this unique design, produced by the Lion Foundry in Kirkintilloch.
All the paths within the park are a sealed surface and suitable for all users. The informal path network in the wider park is not sealed and of varying steepness and therefore not suitable for wheelchair users. The path network that follows the boundary of the park provides you with great views of Stirling Castle, the city skyline and views of the Ochil Hills, Hillfoots, Cambusbarron and Gillies Hill. A large area of the park is a golf course, please keep to the paths. Various trees, wild flowers and wildlife can be seen along the way.
Kings Park is within easy walking distance of may points of interest including The Smith Art Gallery, Kings Knot (also known as the Cup and Saucer), Black Boy fountain and the historical streets of Stirling leading to the castle.