How to use the toolkit
This toolkit explains how planning applications are handled and determined and forms Stirling Council’s approved procedures on dealing with planning applications.
The Planning Toolbox is split into sections to deal with the most common questions that we receive.
- Section 1 How is it Decided Where Development Should and Shouldn’t Happen?
- Section 2 Do I Need Planning Permission?
- Section 3 Is the Council Able to Decide How it Deals with Development Proposals?
- Section 4 What Types of Planning Applications Can be Submitted?
- Section 5 How to Make a Planning Application, including Pre-application Advice
- Section 6 How Are Planning Applications Assessed?
- Section 7 How To Make Comment on a Planning Application
- Section 8 Who Will Determine Planning Applications?
- Section 9 Procedures for Regulatory Panel
- Section 10 Service Standards – Our Commitments to Providing a Quality Planning Service