Care at home
The Care at Home services support individuals and enables them to be safe and independent in their own homes and the community. If a person is eligible for this service, we will identify the support required.
This could be to:
- re-assess support needs
- support a safe return home after a stay in hospital
- arrange ongoing support
Requesting Care at Home services
Assessing your care at home needs
We may work with a person to set specific goals throughout their assessment which may last up to 6 weeks. During this time we will work to help them remain at home and reach their own personal outcomes to remain safe and independent.
We provide practical support. For example, we can arrange for equipment to be fitted in an individual's home to help them with their everyday tasks. We also suggest other services which may provide additional support and will refer for further assessment if required.
- being independent without any requirement for further support
- identified care needs which require ongoing support at home. If this is required, we will work with the individual,discuss options to arrange support through an external care agency. The Self Directed Support brochure explains more about the options available.
Contributing to your care
During the assessment period for care at home, there will be no charge. However, if an individual is assessed as requiring ongoing support, they will be charged in accordance with our Social Care charging policy. Find out more about contributing to your care.
Our complaints procedure provides information about who to contact and how complaints will be addressed.
Crisis care - short term acute illness
If you, or someone you care for, has a short-term acute illness which has led to a deterioration in ability or you have experienced the illness or loss of an informal carer, we can provide crisis care for up to 72 hours. If emergency support is required out-with office hours, please contact our out of hours emergency service.
You may also be interested in:
- Reablement brochure
- Telecare technologies can support you to remain safe and independent at home
- Grocery shopping service "The Food Train" - you don't need a Social Work assessment to receive this service
- Arranged service providers