Self Directed Support Options
We are changing the way in which we provide support for individuals who need support. These changes will align us with the Social Care (Self-directed Support) (Scotland) Act 2013.
Our approach gives you more choice, flexibility and control over how your support is provided and supports you to be safe and independent at home and within your community.
If you are eligible for support and your care needs have been assessed, there are several options available to provision your support. Once you have chosen your preferred option, you develop your support plan.
- During office hours: 01786 233759
- Outwith office, at weekends and public holidays, we provide an Out of Hours Social Work Service for emergencies only: 01786 470500
- We have large print versions of Self Directed Support guides for Carers and an introduction to Social Care.
- You can find out more about local care and support providers at QuestForth.
- Self-directed Support Factsheet 1 - Assessment of Need
- Self-directed Support Factsheet 2 - Support Options
- Self-directed Support Factsheet 3 - Making a Support Plan
- Self-directed Support Factsheet 4 - Living your life and making sure it all works
Contributing to your care
You may be required to contribute towards the cost of your care. Find out more information about contributing to your care.