Paying for long-term residential care
We work with care home providers and other Council services to ensure that you, or someone you care for, receives the care you were assessed for at the correct charge.
We establish your contribution through a financial assessment.
- All people aged 65 and over who have been assessed by us as having Personal Care needs in a care home are entitled to Personal Care allowance.
- People of any age who have been assessed as having needs that require nursing care services are entitled to Nursing Care allowance.
- On your behalf, we will pay any allowances directly to your care home provider.
You will receive an invoice from your care provider. Payment will be arranged between yourself or your legal representative and the care provider.
Self funding your care
If you are self funding, a contract will be put in place between the Council and the care provider to enable us to pay for your free personal care and/or nursing care allowance to the provider. You will pay the balance of fees directly to your care home. We will write to you to let you know this has happened.
Please contact us when your capital nears the upper capital limit (currently £26,250) to seek further assistance with funding. See our self funding your care section within financial assessment for further details.
If you are at all unsure about your financial assessment, the invoice from your care provider appears not to meet the amounts detailed in our financial information statement, or your circumstances have changed and you would like to seek a financial re-assessment, please contact us:
- Complete our enquiry form
- Phone: 01786 233913(during office hours, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays)
Our organisation aims to provide excellent customer service. If you have any queries regarding your care invoices or your financial information statement, we would suggest that you contact us. If you are unhappy with the response, you have a legal right to complain about Social Work Services. Please find out more about our complaints procedure.