Demand Responsive Transport (DRT)
Demand Responsive Transport (Rural Taxi Service) is organised in rural areas where there are few or no conventional bus services.
- You can use this service at the cost of a bus fare rather than a taxi fare.
- National Entitlement Cards (Bus Passes) and Young Scot Cards are accepted.
- The journey can either connect with existing public transport or simply be to another destination within the DRT area.
- Frequently Asked Questions
DRT Booking Line
- phone: 01786 404040
Phone bookings can be made Monday to Friday, 9am-3pm.
(except 25-26 December and 01-02 January in any year).
- Bookings for Tuesday to Saturdays must be made by 3pm on the previous day.
- Bookings for Sundays (where available) and Mondays must be made by 3pm on the previous Friday.
Bookings can be submitted online at any time, although requests submitted on a Saturday or Sunday or after 3pm on a working day will be treated as having been received on the next working day.
Coming Soon! New customer friendly online booking system.
Do you want to use your local DRT service but find that you are too late to book for the same day, next day or at the weekend?
Well, we've listened to you and following consultation we are delighted to announce that the new DRT online booking system will soon be available, replacing the old booking form.
We are sure you'll find it simple to use and much more flexible than before as you'll be able to:
- Manage your journeys 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Manage all your bookings whenever it suits you.
- Reschedule or cancel bookings easily.
- Receive email notifications.
Online bookings will also give you the flexibility of booking up to 2 hours before your required journey bearing in mind that there will be increased availability the more notice you can give for your journey.
Of course we will still be happy to help you if you prefer to call 01786 404040 Monday to Friday, 9am - 3pm.Please click on the interactive map below to view all the areas where DRT operates including journey information and connective bus routes.
Additional journey information for each area:
- Auchengillan, Blanefield & Carbeth
- Carron Valley (Wheelchair accessible vehicles available, request at time of booking)
- Croftamie & Drymen (Wheelchair accessible vehicles available, request at time of booking)
- Killin & Strathfillan (See also The Killin and District Volunteer Scheme for alternative transport)
- Strathard & Trossachs
- Thornhill & Doune
If you need to cancel your booking or make other arrangements call us on 01786 404040 between 9am and 3pm, Monday to Friday or contact the operator directly outwith these hours.
Please note: Repeated cancellations without contacting the Council or operator may result in suspension of DRT services.
See contact numbers:
- 24/7 Cars LLP: 01838 207 211
- Buchanan Cabs: 01877 385 666
- Dial-a-Journey: 01786 465 355
- Drymen Taxis: 01360 660 077
- J. Morgan Taxis: 01877 330 496
- Kingshouse Travel Ltd.: 01877 384 768
- Saturn Taxis: 01786 811 111
- W. Miller: 01786 850 639