Enhanced foster care
Enhanced foster care aims to provide a high level of support for vulnerable young people, many of whom may have lived in residential care.
We’re looking for warm, caring people who have childcare experience and want to make a real difference. We require above all carers who are committed to caring for Stirling’s most vulnerable children. A good carer will offer a secure and stable home to a child as well as a safe and nurturing environment.
Young people may:
- be slightly older
- have experienced varying degrees of neglect, abuse and disruption.
- have lived in residential care. As a result they can present with a higher level of social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Would you be interested in becoming an Enhanced Foster Carer?
In addition to the general qualities and experience needed for Foster Carers, as an Enhanced Foster carer applicants will have:
- The emotional strength, resilience and enthusiasm to help young people
- An adult available at all times to support the child.
- Single applicants as well as couples are welcomed.
- Couples do not need to be married or in a civil partnership but they must have lived together for a minimum of 2 years.
- A spare bedroom for the young person in your home.
- No other children under the age of 16 years old resident in the home.
- A commitment to your own professional development and attendance at training.
- Experience or qualifications through working with or caring for children.
- An ability to work within a multi-agency team and contribute within these settings.
- All applicants will be subject to a Local Authority, Health,Employment and PVG checks as part of the assessment process.
Support and Benefits
You will be offered an enhanced package of support, through a multi-disciplinary team. You will also have access to a 24- hour on-call support service and regular contact with your Supervising Social Worker.
You will be provided with regular training opportunities and access to the suppor tand development group facilitated by Stirling Council.
Other benefits include 28 days holiday allowance per year, a competitive guaranteed annual fee plus allowances.
Find out more
Stirling Council Fostering and Adoption Team, on 01786 471177
Write to us;
Fostering and Adoption
Raploch Community Campus