Events and festivals
In Stirling there are many events running throughout the year, you can view the 'What's On' events calendar for more information or add your own event to it.
If you need advice on having your own community event, see our Community Events Guide.
Saturday 18 August 2018
Feast on Scottish produced food & drink from our street food vendors PLUS enjoy visiting inside our foodie festival marquee. Join celebrity Chef, Tony Singh as he has a chat with the producers, and maybe even you! See the official Website for more information.
Doors Open Day
- with events througout September
- Crime writers festival in September
The Tolbooth runs various festivals throughout the year.
Off The Page
Libraries have an 'Off the Page' festival, you can find out more in the libraries section of the site.
Xmas Lights and Hogmanay Celebrations
And of course, annually, we have the Xmas light switch on and Hogmanay festivities.
Enjoy a truly spectacular day out - soak up the atmosphere and experience the excitement of a traditional annual Highland Games.
The games are a stunning spectacle, highlights include:
- Highland dancing,
- pipe band displays,
- hammer throwing,
- and, of course, tossing the caber!
Festivals outwith the Stirling area - an easy train, bus or car ride
- Linlithgow Palace holds an annual festival - Party at the Palace
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival - the largest arts festival in the world
- Perth Rewind Festival - 80's Festival Scone Palace Perth
- Best of the West Festival - an 'end of season' showcase at Inveraray Castle
- Doune the Rabbit Festival - sees us back at Cardross Estate
- Celtic Connections is a winter music festival in Glasgow, featuring artists from around the globe
and many many more....