Each year around 70 people are killed or seriously injured in road accidents in the Stirling Council area and a further 275 are slightly injured. To reduce the number and severity of accidents on our roads, we published our Road Safety Plan.
The main road safety duties performed include;
- Undertaking accident investigation & prevention studies
- Developing and reviewing the Road Safety Plan
- Providing road safety advice
- Analysing accident data and statistics
- Carrying out road safety audits
- Working with road safety partners to reduce accidents