Adoption meets the needs of children who are in need of permanent new homes.


Fostering provides temporary accommodation for a child and/or young people.

Enhanced Foster care service

Enhanced foster care aims to provide a high level of support for vulnerable young people, many of whom may have lived in residential care.

Supported lodgings scheme

Our Supported lodgings scheme provides lodgings and support for young people leaving Local Authority care but unsure of what their options may be.

Kinship care

We need to be informed if a child or young person is placed with family, extended family members or someone who has a pre-existing relationship, such as relatives or a family friend, referred to as Kinship care.

Private fostering

If a child under school leaving age is being cared for a period longer than 28 days by someone who is not a parent, guardian, close relative or an approved foster carer, we need to be informed as this would be a private fostering arrangement.

Social Work Complaints

Our complaints procedure provides information about who to contact and how complaints will be addressed.

Rate this Page